Sunday, July 17

safety update

For those of you keeping tabs on all the bombing incidents, you are probably wondering if I have been effected (affected? I never know...Ms. Sisemore would be ashamed...). Though Turkey is quite a bit closer to Iraq than the United States, a realization I had a few weeks ago that, quite honestly, gave me chill bumps, I am not close to any of the recent bombings. However, there have been 3 or 4 bombings in Turkey. Antalya is not close to any of the unfortunate cities. İzmir is the closest city where a bomb exploded and it is at least 6-8 hours away from me. I actually have not even heard, through Turkish news sources, any detail of the events. But, I don't speak Turkish, so that's not saying much... Please do not worry about my safety too much. Yes, I'm in what we would classify as "not the safest place on earth," but I am comfortable with the security of this city. Being in God's will is not the safest place one can be, but it is the most secure. I covet your prayers, so pray like crazy!

Oh, and this is a random shot of myself during a sleepless night where I just got too inventive with my digital... I look super sleepy, but its actually just a combination of my lazy eye and my aversion to the flash.

No comments: