Thursday, July 28

dern raisins...

I'm home safely. I arrived in beautiful Bentonville at 4:30 this afternoon (that's 12:30am in Antalya). I had quite an interesting time in all of my flights, but it was "uneventful" in regards to missing planes and the such. I'll be posting more about my journey home later. Now, I'm going to enjoy a steak and potato with my Dad, Sis, and bro-in-law. Ahhh...its so nice to be home. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Get ready for more stories and debriefing episodes as I work through all I've learned this summer throughout the coming days!

Oh, great story about the raisins. Unfortunately, my green bean caserole cannot wait. Let me just say...don't bother claiming them if you ever bring them to the US. Its not worth your wait in customs.

10 comments:

James Miller said...

Welcome home!! I still haven't fixed your straightening iron. I should get on that.

Jennifer said...

Yes, you should!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer!
I am glad to hear you got back safely! I have been praying for you all summer and I can't wait to see you and hear stories and tell you stories about my crazy, amazing time at camp. I thought about you earlier today when I was cleaning a bathroom and remembered the "horrible toliet explosion..." I laughed for a long time. I can't believe it is almost time to come back to school. See you soon!
In Him,
Stephanie

Two Guns said...

Please don't tell me you left the raisins. Anything but the raisins.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I find it funny that you claimed the raisins, but I must admit that I did go through mild regret that I lied. Miss you Jenny! I have your celly...and will try to send it soon.

Brett said...

Why in the world would you claim raisins when you didn't claim beef jerky???

Jennifer said...

Hey,easy now... I was dealing with a heavy amount of guilt (and sleep depravation) from your post to the world about my beef jerky. I was trying to be honest, but it came back to bite me. Lesson learned... Dried food is not for international travel.

James Miller said...

You don't do air travel well Jennifer. First you get puked on. Next, you smuggle beef jerky into a foreign country. You lose a plane ticket to Istanbul. To top it off...you had customs problems with the raisins. Let's face it, you may not be cut out for flying. It's not for everybody. Next time you cross the Atlantic...think boat.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Jennifer! I'm starting to agree with the above post...you have really bad luck when it comes to any form of travel. I'm glad your back home, and while you sit with your face plastered to the A/C, I hope God continues to watch over you like he did in Turkey.

Jennifer said...

who, pray tell, posted above? nobody will "get you" if you just sign your name, please:-)