Tuesday, July 26

can it be?

How has this summer passed so quickly? No, its not technically "over," but I am finishing a huge chapter of my summer tomorrow. I will be flying to Istanbul tomorrow evening, then continuing on home on the next day (due mainly to a horrible mis-hap with my tickets...ugh.) Turkey will be a thing of the past. I cannot believe it. I have invested two months of my life here, but it only feels like 2 weeks. Tomorrow must last. So many goodbyes to say and double-cheek-air kisses to give...

I have learned so much from this country and these people--things I never expected to learn. Debriefing my brain is going to take some time. Luckily, I've got a good 15 hours of flying ahead of me. The stories will be limitless. Memories of my time here will feed my heart for a good while. I am anxious to share with all of my supporters, but much of me wishes to stay here and continue on in the memory-making. American soil does sound sweet-tasting, though. See y'all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer!

Sorry for being to lazy to read your blog. I´ve read through it all this morning though. A very interesting read, I must say... :)

It was great fun to see the pictures from Antalya and Istanbul. They bring back memories. And the story from Ephesus was funny :)


I am doing well. I´ve been at home, painting houses for people in the village, being a leader in a youth camp and on Friday I will be going to Germany with 150 other Faroese to the annual TeenStreet camp that OM hold every year. About 3000 teens from all over Europe will be there. I am sure it will be a blast! :)