Monday, February 6

recently...

I just ate 5-8 Double Stuf Oreo Cookies. (I deliberately did not count them, for obvious reasons.) I've never wanted to go to the dentist more in my life.

This weekend I discovered that I have a deep intrest in Chinese poetry, especially from the "Middle Period," and especially T'ao Ch'ien and Tu Fu. If China had cowboys, these guys would be the Pecos Bills and John Waynes.

My dad painted the floor of the garage with khaki paint, whereupon he used an eggshell and black speckle to add dimension and durability-- Because everybody knows that the "garage is just another room of the house where you park you car." I love my dad.

I also discovered that the words "disposable income" raise my blood pressure and cause my stomach to churn.

The "average propensity to consume" in the USA is 105%. That is disgusting. (I'm actually learning something in Basic Economics... who knew?)

God is calling a lot these days. I shouldn't screen my calls so often. I like hearing from Him.

Flora and I have a new message on our answering machine that goes a little something like this: "Hello, KLRC, you're on the air..." BEEP.

1 comment:

Two Guns said...

I bet you'll get a lot of long-time listeners, first-time callers who absolutely love your show but have a serious problem with what the last guy just said.

Seriously, I bet 10 bucks.