Wednesday, January 11

excellency

So, here it is...the New Year's Post (just 1.5 weeks late)
I resolve to do things better. 'Intentionality' is the buzz word for me this year. I shant procrastinate....never ever again. I really do want to stick to the to-do list in my head, rather than put it off, put it off, put it off, until I'm crazy. I was challenged by Louie G. at the Passion 06 conference to do things with excellency, all for the glory of God. The end result of my new-found productivity will be more glory for God through my life, I hope. Its not about me. It never was.

In an effort to approach all things with excellency in mind, here are some things I've learned during my first few days of classes. Keep in mind, "Basic Economics" would have gone in one ear and out the other in my old frame of mind, along with anything said in my legal history class.

Toyota has more market shares than GM in the United States.

Jurisprudence can be defined as the 'love of the knowledge of law.'

2001: A Space Odyssey was filmed in 1968.

I think my lit. class should be quite interesting. We're reading Gilgamesh for the first few weeks. Talk about old...It is the oldest recorded literature....ever. Plus, the teacher reminds me of my P.E. coach from elementary school-- redhead with freckles. "I recommend copious amounts of caffeine," he said, when giving tips for staying alert in class.

Other ramblings:
Check out
Charlie Hall's new CD...when it is released (1.24.06)

If you have an extra hour on your hands, do the
"Kneel" prayer journey. This was offered at the Passion 06 conference, but I didn't get a chance to experience it while I was there.

And, while you're in the praying mood, please consider joining the "21 Days of Prayer and Fasting" with others from our generation, praying for more message bearers, zealous for the Lord's renown. Read about it
here

Pleasure doing business with you...

No comments: