Monday, January 16

whoosh...here I come again.

What's up with the wind? It's like this crazy stong force, but I can't see it. I'm just walking along and it decides to blow my feet right out from under me. I pick up a foot to step and *whoosh* there it goes, whirling off toward the right or left, off the path of my sauntering. You know the feeling.

It happens to my spirit, just like my feet. I'm just cruising along, on fire for the Word of God, every morning, noon, and night. The only thing that satisfies me is the Word. Then, here it comes, without notice or sound. *whoosh* I'm depleated, disinterested, unfocused, lazy. The devil sneaks in like the wind and tries to knock me off course, and just when I feel like my steps are in line. Sneak attack.

But, there's victory in Jesus. He won't let some sneaky, earthly, slithering, scoundrel-of-a-creature have the best of his friend. He's mightier. He will fight for me. He sets my feet on solid ground and says *whoosh* to the devil himself.

That old tune seeps back in....There's pow'r, pow'r, wonder workin' pow'r. There's pow'r in the blood of the Lamb.

It might take all I have to stay focused, alert, attentive, desiring, thirsty. But I wouldn't imagine giving any less. Take my life. Consecrate it. Plant my feet, Lord Jesus....and come quickly. I want to see your face.

1 comment:

Schellhase said...

I think God sees a good disciple when he looks at you.