Friday, December 9

double take

I walked through a Mad-Lib scene tonight. I shall share:

As I was walking through Barnes & Noble, where I stopped in to by a White Chocolate Mocha to tide me over during the time I arrived in Fayetteville and the time I actually needed to be in Fayetteville to watch my cousin sing in her first Madrigal Feast, I saw my French professor from my freshman year of college, who is originally from Algeria, picking his nose in the Philosophy section; the section where I found my newest tool for procrastination, a book entitled On Bullshit, by Harry G. Frankfurt (a name almost as ironic as the title of his book).

In other untimely and unsettling news, this week I found out that my 3.5(ish) year boyfriend-of-past is engaged to one of my best friends from my past life in California.

Praise God anyhow, and just for that exactly.

Father in heaven, thank you for refusing to be understood only through grand events like powdered-sugar-snow in the early hours of the morning. And, thank you for coming to a stinky stable to stretch on skin and save the world.

2 comments:

Thrift Star said...

Oh sister!! Press on!
I love ya! I am heading back to Antalya tomorrow, and you know who is there, and planning on staying an extended amount of time. I should say he also sent me a just friends message, so together we are kindred again!
Love ya! miss ya!
Your soul sister forever!
avery

Eric said...

Consider the world stopped. You can get off now.

Eric