Friday, November 18

clinically speaking

Once upon a time....I was not tired. I'm always tired. I can't even fathom exerting energy, on anything. Dr. Drew calls this clinical exhaustion. Thanks, Doc. Now I have a fancy term that I can throw around to evoke needed pity for my pathetic drudgery. I claim to have Mono. However, this could not be the case for several reasons: 1) Mono is "The Kissing Disease." Ha. no such luck. 2) You usually have fever with Mono. I do not, as far as my inner-thermometer can tell. 3) Wouldn't I be dead by now? Whatever the case, my roomie has respectfully removed her toothbrush from our shared toothbrush holder, and relocated it to the other side of the sink.

So, here's the prognosis: sleep more.

I tried that, unintentionally, actually. Last Wednesday, I fell asleep at 7pm. I awoke at 8am...the next morning. Ooops. Those were 13 hours in which I fell even more behind. Needless to say, my body needs sleep, but isn't so lucky to find it (except that fateful night).

On another note, I just looked across the street (from my dad's house) and saw a Christmas tree, glistening in the bay window of our neighbor's house. I threw up a little in my mouth. What are they thinking? We still have a week before Thanksgiving, c'mon! According to all the sources I've ever read, one is NOT permitted to decorate for Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Ugh. Yes, I'm being Grinchy, with due cause. Then again, a pastor and his wife live in the Christmas tree house. Maybe they know more about that stuff than I do....

Hip-hip-hooray (3x) for warm, clean, towels! My 5th load of laundry is rumbling its way to a static-clingy-ness of perfection. I haven't done laundry in almost a month. My wardrobe was beyond pathetic. One day this week, I resorted to a t-shirt from Jr.High, dirty socks, and the jeans which were going on their 20th day of wear, sans soap. Gross. That smell I kept blaming on the stinky kid behind me might actually have been me.

I don't know a clever way to end this post.

blahhhhhh-blahhhh-blahhhhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

Two Guns said...

Dr. Drew is that guy from Love Line, which is a really dirty late-night radio show that teenagers listen to when their parents aren't around... so maybe I can have another name.

I agree, Christmas before Thanksgiving pretty much sucks.

May all your towels be cling-free.

James Miller said...

That was a very random post, but I liked it. By the way, I'll add my two cents to the Christmas decoration debate. Up after Thanksgiving, down before New Year's. That's the rule. My mommy said so.

Anonymous said...

You can sleep when you're dead!

Was that too harsh? I think it might have been.

Anonymous said...

that was me.

Kayla