Wednesday, September 28

lagnaippe

In honor of my loyal readership (my twin sister and best friend) and fan club (the afore mentioned), I felt an update was high-due. Thus, the following:

School is hard and time-consuming and everything in between. The kicker: I like it that way. As my dad says, "that's what you're there for." He would be the first to encourage me to make sure all of it is "fun," though. My dad was also a hippie. Hmph...

I'm leading a Bible study with gals from my church. Attendance is shifty, but I feel confident God has me in this position for good reason. I'm learning just as much from the Word as I am from the dynamics and members. "Trust me," He says each day.

Our house plants are thriving. "Lucy" and "Croton" seem to like the window seal and the afternoon sun. I'm careful to watch their rotations and hydration. My late plant, Johnny, is no longer with us. I left him in the care of a friend this summer and he did not return to me, much like his namesake, Johnny Knox, the rugger of my dreams. Alas, I am pouring love and water into my new green friends. They have given me the opportunity to teach my little Latina roommate phrases such as "green thumb." She tried to use the phrase in a non-plant related way. Something to the effect of "we have green thumb crushes." I tried to re-explain, to no avail. I love her.

Speaking of "thriving": I just found a growing mold population on my toothbrush holder. Ugh. I should probably burn my toothbrush. But, its new and soft and un-mushed. I can't throw away $2.47 so easily. I'll continue to brush with mold.

I have perfected the art of procrastination. My pictures from Turkey are not in their album. I have not written thank-yous to my supporters. I am amassing heavy loads of reading for some miracle read-a-thon in the never-near-future weekend. I've put off joining the Frisbee team until an indefinite time because I'm waiting somehow stumble upon "in shape." My car is now brown. It used to be black. Sleep even falls into the "I'll get around to it" category.

Since "participating" in a flag football game on Monday ("play" is too strong of a word), my jammed/dislocated/spranged/broken/shattered index finger has doubled in size. It hurts to type and to flush the toilet. I need a pinch-flusher.

My car is as speratic as my sleeping patterns. It sometimes works in reverse, sometimes not. The A/C works when I go over 3000 rpms. Cruise control is shot. But, it smells like Jamaica on the inside. Or, what I would imagine Jamaica to smell like.

I've been having moments of intense creativity. Sometimes I just want to leave class and go sculpt something out of Play-Dough. Sometimes I doodle out masterpieces. Sometimes I just want to sing an out-of-this-world high A. Most of these moments are spurred on through my Philosophy of the Christian Faith class. Dr. Johnson (through the writings of St. Augustine) is implanting nuggets of pure gold in my mind. "Being free is scary. Luckily, God's willingness to free us is far greater than our resistance to being free." I'm reminded daily to keep my soul listening.

My family and I have dealt with a huge loss. Heaven gained an incredibly wise man. I'm jelous of Dandu. He's seen the revealed Glory, the greatest Physician, I AM, the Bread of Life face-to-face. I'm still waiting...in hope and memory.

Fall break is rapidly approaching. I'm going to visit my dear friend in St. Louis. I anticipate lots of dessert and finishing her sentences. Splendid. We share a brain. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm picky with who I lend my brain out to. You never know, with all the crazies roaming around these days.

Goals for the next week: Find someone to give me piano lessons. Take more pictures. Drop off my resume at the City Library for the "shelver" position. Give more I-love-yous, especially to my Lord. Become an archaeologist.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Go away spam-man. You make my inner-working of the brain seem trivial with your advertisements.

*g* said...

a more blog savy person than myself gave me the inside info: on your dashboard page, there is a little link on the right side that says how to get rid of the no-good spam men.

Anonymous said...

Jiffy,
As mother to one half of your brain, I thought I'd let you know that I'm enjoying your thougths and comments. I am wondering why your car is no longer black...and why brown? I don't need to know about the Jamaica smell...just the color.
HUGS!!!!
Crystal