Saturday, September 3

"just come and see about us..."

You must do something.

Don't just watch it on the news. Its real, and the people are in your backyard.

Go and help.

Pray harder than you've ever prayed before.

Prayers are being answered here. I am in Louisiana this weekend. I have family and friends in the area of the hurricane. I came to see what help I could offer. All I had wasn't enough. People are absolutely hopeless here. We are so fortunate to have what we have.

Give your other cloak. Walk the second mile.

When I get back to Arkansas I will be organizing a group of people to come back down within the next weekend or so. Please consider joining me. I think it would be important to attend the disaster relief training provided through the Red Cross. The meeting in on Thursday (8 Sept) in Tontitown. Contact me if you want more information.

In the meantime, pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...Thanks for the post. I will be going after I get back from my survey trip to Afghanistan...Ive already applied with Habitat for Humanity...I hope others join as well...

Schellhase said...

Jennifer, get me some more information. I really don't know if I can go yet, but I'm considering it. I'll also pass along the details to my community group.
Email: jeschel@uark.edu
Phone: 479.236.6708