Saturday, April 22

it has come to this

Unless I wanted a SouthBeach Fiesta Wrap, I was going to have to be creative in order to eat tonight. Turns out, I did not want a SouthBeach wrap (the whole SouthBeach theme going on in my dad's kitchen is quite humerous to me, by the way). Surveyed the fridge: Pimento Cheese Spread Family Size, half-can sized Cokes and Dr. Peppers, Bread and Butter Pickles, a pony, a potato, bacon, Sharp Cheddar, and...what's that? What do I see perched in their rectangular plastic carton? The Incredible Edible Egg.

A week ago I could have scrambled that egg, and that was about it. Or, I could have boiled it. But the satisfaction of a boiled egg is slim without a little pedastal to put it on, and a butler to serve it under a shiny, pewter dish. But, my recent education on eggs and egg preparation boiled to the top of my brain, and my salivatory glands did back flips, when I recalled the highly acclaimed "Fried Egg Sandwich," which was introduced to my pallet last week.

On purpose, and out of purely my volition and desire, I cooked for myself and ate a Fried Egg Sandwich for my evening meal. Thank you, Dr. Drew, for the instruction and encouragement in such endeavors. Next stop: Bananas.

6 comments:

Two Guns said...

I am actually crying. Not really, but I am on the inside, but not really.

Jennifer said...

Of course you are allowed to comment here. My blog doesn't have nearly as many restrictions as Two Guns'. You can even set my blog to your homepage. You could print my posts and put them on the fridge, held up by magnetic letters that spell "jenn," if you so wish :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like this is a family reunion of some sort... Where's Dad? Hi Jenn, this is Drew's brother. Not to crack my own egg (or however, that saying goes) but I want to know if my brother taught you to apply a dash of salt and pepper (in my opinion mostly pepper) to this family's traditional afterschool meal?

Jennifer said...

I was instructed on the salt-n-peppering of the sandwich, yes. Thanks for checking, though. I, however, am not a big fan of pepper. Does that kick me off the island?

Anonymous said...

We'll have to have a family tribal meeting and let you know.

Anonymous said...

oh my pretty girl what happen to u next day when u ate that sandwich with eggs?